"Where there are no oxen, the manger is empty, but from the strength of an ox comes an abundant harvest (Proverbs 14:4)"
We have had 3 days without Grant this week - our manger has been empty. The house has been so quiet. I cleaned and it has stayed clean. I've accomplished things that I've been wanting to get done. I've run mindless errands with a friend with no time constraint. And yet, I miss him terribly. While I have relished some of the benefits of his absence, he leaves a void that is always felt.
The benefits:
1. We moved everything out of the spare bedroom and the nursery is now painted a perfect sky blue. I kind of laugh when I think about how I painted my little girls room blue, but it is so calming.
2. I made a yummy dinner for our Steven and Jessica. It's so nice to cook slowly. We had meatloaf, potatoes, grilled cream corn, and homemade ice cream. Then, Steven and Brad put the crib back together. When I walk past the room I am surprised by it's presence - its a very real reminder of whats approaching.
3. I bought stuff for several decorating projects that will soon be underway for the nursery. Something to spell her name, ribbon for the canvas I made for her, etc. The colors of the room are red, pink and blue. More pictures coming soon, but here is the canvas:

4. I slept in, napped, watched tv, and generally enjoyed my alone time.
The cons:
1. I've missed my morning ritual "mommy - i have a morning hug for you". morning hugs are the best way to start the day.
2. I've missed hearing a little person's perspective on things. It brings color to your world in a way nothing else can.
3. I've missed my nighttime ritual - going into his room after he's asleep to see what creation he has built in the dark. See below for an example:
I will go and pick him up tomorrow and I can't wait!
The benefits:
1. We moved everything out of the spare bedroom and the nursery is now painted a perfect sky blue. I kind of laugh when I think about how I painted my little girls room blue, but it is so calming.
2. I made a yummy dinner for our Steven and Jessica. It's so nice to cook slowly. We had meatloaf, potatoes, grilled cream corn, and homemade ice cream. Then, Steven and Brad put the crib back together. When I walk past the room I am surprised by it's presence - its a very real reminder of whats approaching.
3. I bought stuff for several decorating projects that will soon be underway for the nursery. Something to spell her name, ribbon for the canvas I made for her, etc. The colors of the room are red, pink and blue. More pictures coming soon, but here is the canvas:
4. I slept in, napped, watched tv, and generally enjoyed my alone time.
The cons:
1. I've missed my morning ritual "mommy - i have a morning hug for you". morning hugs are the best way to start the day.
2. I've missed hearing a little person's perspective on things. It brings color to your world in a way nothing else can.
3. I've missed my nighttime ritual - going into his room after he's asleep to see what creation he has built in the dark. See below for an example:
I will go and pick him up tomorrow and I can't wait!
1 comment:
So sweet! I love Grant's creation :) And I love your perspective, a great balance. The canvas is adorable. I can't wait to see her room!
Post a Comment