Thursday, December 3, 2009

preschool talk

We went to Christmas on 5th at Baylor tonight - lots of fun but very cold. There was a live nativity (Grant was especially enamored by Mary and Joseph), pony rides, a petting zoo, hot chocolate and cookies, and Santa. It was an evening of funny conversations.

Grant was very excited to see Mrs. Claus and Santa (aka my co-worker and her husband). He climbed right up on Santa's lap and said, "i want a pogo stick and norman wants a car." I have no idea where the desire for a pogo stick came from - i think it was something he saw on an episode of Little Bear...

The dialogue on the way home:
Grant: "mommy, why you being franky?" (franky = cranky)
Me: "i'm not cranky, you're cranky"
Grant (very indignant): "why you being ugly to me?"

And then, this:
Grant: "hmm, why are there 2 santas? one gave me a candy cane and one didn't. why are there 2 santas???" I can't believe he has already found a flaw in the whole santa conspiracy - he's not even 3. He said this because we saw Santa at the Bass Pro Shop in San Antonio a few days ago. I'm surprised he didn't ask why that Santa didn't have a wife...

1 comment:

Christine said...

HAHA! I love it when you post funny Grant-isms :)