1. Getting away with Brad for 2 nights to Fredericksburg. We stayed in a really neat cabin on a creek. It was close to town, but you felt like you were in the country.
2. Getting to spend a whole day with just my mom while Brad kept Grant. We cooked and went shopping and just talked and talked. Those days are rare, so they are very special.
3. Spending an afternoon with my dad, sister, and all the kids. The weather was perfect, the kids had a ball, and we all got to catch up.
4. Going to a movie! Haven't done that in months. We saw "The Road" and it was incredible. See my earlier post about the book. I loved it. I didn't think they could pull off a movie, but they did. Very dark, but a great story.
5. Getting to shop at La Cantera - I love that place. You don't realize how fun it is to shop at a mall until you live somewhere that doesn't have one (or hardly has one - no offense Richland Mall).
6. Going to the ranch with Grant - he had so much fun. Every experience is always so new to him and I love that.
This was how we spent our Fredericksburg vacation - sitting on the porch reading and drinking hot tea - it was perfect! And, I highly recommend reading Beloved - it was so good!
Grant made lots of Thanksgiving crafts. He actually wore his hat while we ate our Thanksgiving meal - it made me laugh every time I glanced down the table and saw him!
Riding Charlie at the ranch - I kind of miss the days that we had him and Gus! The last picture is ridiculous and I promise it was not arranged. Grant discovered he could un-snap his shirt and then thought it was hilarious to keep taking it off. I don't know what we are going to do with him!

3 comments:
SO cute!! He's such a little cowboy!
You HAVE to start keeping all these priceless pictures in a special folder to be used later on in life!!!! He's so cute!!!
what fun times! so glad you got to get away a little bit. where did you stay in fburg?
Post a Comment