Talk about a whirlwind couple of days. I have been on vacation with my family at the Frio River while Brad has been in and out of the hospital dealing with not 1, but 3 kidney stones that refuse to go away. Despite the stress of worrying about how Brad was doing while I was away (he was in good hands at his parents house), we managed to have a really fun time down in south Texas. I hope we can go back again, perhaps when there is enough water for a floating trip. Here are a couple of pictures from our adventure:

Sophia is so adventurous for a 3 year old. Meanwhile Grant wouldn't let go of me in the water. He clutched on to me for dear life and every 5 minutes would remind me "don't leave me, mommy, don't leave me". He finally warmed up to the water and played by himself, and yes, of course that was during our last swimming outing of the trip.
We went to the Frio Bat Cave where up to 20 million bats fly out every night. It was incredible. And also somewhat eerie, like at any moment, we could become a scene in the movie 'Birds'.
Doesn't Grant look so sweet? Ha. He is a tough one. Iron will. On my reading list this month? 'The Strong Willed Child'. Last summer, he earned the nickname 'piranha' on our family vacation due to his biting problem. This year, he will be remembered for the infamous stand-off wherein for 2 hours he went in and out of time-out for refusing to apologize to his granma for hitting her in the face with a rock...
Thanks mom for a great trip! I'm glad we are getting to make all these memories while the kids are little. Now we are back in Waco, still dealing with health problems. I wish instead we were making smores around the campfire!
1 comment:
Looks like fun! Awww, little pirahna. Ha! Well, I used to bite kids on the cheek at the local town pool, so there is hope for Grant to turn out OK! :)
Post a Comment